50 volunteers from the NSS UNIT and BHOOMITHRASENA CLUB visited the proposed zone for a model village in Kollada ,2 km away from the school on 30/5/2013 and conducted a survey of the area today.Ward member Sulochana T V , the pta president Mathew C J and the secretary, Happy Arts and Sports club , Kollada and the Programme Officer, Radhakrishnan C K and Hareendranath.P,HSST guided the students.The volunteers collected data pertaining to the various projects to be implemented in the area from 54 houses.The primary assessment job has been completed this week.
The project envisages action in the following areas .
2.Promotion of Biodiversity
3.Conservation of Energy
2.Conservation of Energy -Campaign
The volunteers campaigned for enrolment in labhaprabha project initiated by KSEB .75% of the
families in the project area have already been enrolled.
varoius activities will be initiated after the analysis of the data of the survey this week.
3.Campaign aganst Epidemics(DENGUE FEVER)-Distributed leaflets in 50 houses,cleaned the surroundings to ensure that there are no containers of water left in the plots and courtyards.
Next action -Environment day ;JUNE 5
1. Cleaning the village ; streets AND TOWN IN THE SCHOOL PREMISES -9AM 5/6/2013;
2. 3 PM-Planting Saplings in the adpoted village;Cleaning the stream to make it plastic free
3. 4/6/2013-Essay competition ( Ecofriendly Village-Action Plan)-;
4. Seminar- A PLASTIC FREE ENVIRONMENT
5. A QUIZ programme on Water Conservation